Monday, January 31, 2011

Public Enemy Number One



In anticipation of the mixtape dropping soon featuring the skills of DJ Ykcor, DJ Ames, DJ Illatek, and myself - here's a sneak peak at my Public Enemy set. The concept of the project was that we each pick an old school artist/group and my choice was Public Enemy. "Rebel Without a Pause" had a huge impact on me the first time I heard it and that signature sound of the Bomb Squad is still something I flex in my mixes today.

DA’ HITMAN PRESENTS PE IN YA FACE

01 Shut Em Down
02 No
03 Get The F Outta Dodge
04 Don’t Believe The Hype
05 Rebel Without a Pause
06 Can’t Truss It
07 You’re Gonna Get Yours
08 Public Enemy #1
09 911 Is A Joke
10 Night of the Living Bassheads
11 Brothers Gonna Work It Out
12 Fight The Power
13 Bring The Noise

Hitman - Public Enemy - Seamless Mix by dahitman

Samples I Chopped in (not including all the millions of samples the Bomb Squad flexed into PE’s production): Roger Troutman, Digital Underground, Chubb Rock, DMX, Eminem, Jimi Hendrix, Uriah Heep, Trouble Funk, The JBs, Guy, James Brown, Beastie Boys, KRS-One, Lil Jon…aw hell.it’s a shitload REAL DJ SHIT (NO BOOTY)

No comments:

Post a Comment