Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today's Heat

Rather than posting individual posts I think I'll begin just compiling the highlights of the music that drops each day and post 'em all up together as one post. You can find new music every single day, but weeding through it all to pick out what's honestly hot is what I will focus on going forward. Let me know if I'm missing something that deserves to be posted and flexed into my mixes and added to rotation at the station.

Stalley – Slapp (feat. Rashad) I need a late pass on Stalley because I dig the vibe of this record (and will definitely be choppin out the break to flex in my mixes)



Chase N. Cashe (of Surf Club) – I Don’t Want Nothing I love the production with the loop and the hook. Not really impressed with the verses from Chase N. Cashe though. Let me get this instrumental though and I bet I get an artist to take ownership of this. The production is nice.



Copywrite – Crooked Cop (rmx) f. Crooked I I've been trying to tell people about Copywrite and for some reason he doesn't get the props I think he deserves. Peep the track and you be the judge. I think he's worthy of spins.



Torae – Outta Here f. Mike Shorey (prod. Woody) I like the production right off the bat and Torae isn't bad on the verses. Kind of a laid back flava.



Theo Martins – Lo Fi Love (prod. $port) Once again I am drawn in by the production. The sample flipped for this is fly as shit. Theo's rhymes are okay, but the cadence and delivery remind me of a blend of Kanye and Drake. Not really feelin that since it is so played out. Production wins me over with this one.



DJ Premier "The JJ Beat" The funny story behind this is that Premo created this for Kanye West, but Ye turned it down. Then Premo sends it to Bun B who also turned it down. Would you want this beat?

No comments:

Post a Comment