Friday, October 28, 2011

Diggin in the Crates: Atlas



Today I dropped the needle on the 1977 funk album "Atlas" and found some gems; especially the songs "Necessity" and "Ain't No Sunshine". There are some nice breaks in "Play It Cool" too. If you like horns then you're sure to find some nice riffs to sample. When I saw the cover art I had to give this record a listen and I'm glad I did. Diggin in the crates...real DJ shit. I was surprised that I wasn't able to find any previous samples from Atlas used by any Hip-Hop artists, but that is always a bonus when you find something fly that no one has used yet.

01 Hey, Man!
02 Pasteboard
03 Skybird, Fly
04 Necessity
05 Ain't No Sunshine
06 Play It Cool
07 Rhode Island
08 We Are Happy
09 Let's Not Believe

Download "Atlas" for free at SoGoodMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment