Sunday, September 26, 2010

JEREMIH - ALL ABOUT YOU



I think by now most people have heard the single "I Like" featuring Ludacris which is still one of my favorites from Jeremih, but now we get the full album. Another song you should expect to hear is "Down On Me" featuring 50 Cent if you haven't already heard it. I don't think Jeremih needs to run with auto-tune but it fits perfect for this song. Definitely another highlight from the album. The title track "All About You" is a nice track, but really raw in its production. It seems like it's missing ad libs or something at times. I really like the vibe of "X's and O's" with the piano and the arrangment of the production. "Take Off" is another nice track. The only thing I didn't like were the 'ohhh' chants. Can we please retire that finally? I hear a lot of people say Jeremih is a pop artist and I guess that's good for him to get that crossover audience and their money, but I hear more Hip-Hop influence than anything else. Peep the screwed piece in "Waiter". Fly as hell and definitely one of my favorite songs from the album. "Broken Down" has a real John Legend vibe to it. My favorite part of the song is easily the emotion of the strings. If there is a pop influence I would say "Holding On" and "Wanna Get Up" would be the two that reach that audinece best. "Sleepers" is dope as shit! I love that its so raw in the production. If you listen close you'll hear a definite R Kelly influence. "Love Don't Change" has a sort of classic ballad feel to it. I'm not crazy about it, but can hear how it might be successful. Overall the album is a winner for Jeremih and for Def Jam. There are 13 tracks and I keep 10 of those in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment