Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WRECKAMIC LANDS EA SPORTS PLACEMENT

Congratulations to Wreck-a-Mic for his recent music placement with EA Sports on the new MMA.



"MMA" will feature my song "It Goes Down" WRECKAMIC featuring Paul Wall. The track is produced by Big Tra "The Hitmaker" and co produced by T. Hall of The Necksnappers.
The game will feature many other songs including fellow Dallas, TX rap artist Cutta C.

EA SPORTS presents "MMA" for XBOX 360, PS3 and iPhone. Worldwide release October 19th featuring the Strikeforce fighting league. Featuring music by Wreckamic "It Goes Down" WRECKAMIC ft Paul Wall



As told to Jake Crates of AllHipHop..
"I hooked up with Paul Wall through Dj Frosty of the Campus Kingz dj crew at the Texas Summer Music Conference about 6 yeras ago. I handed him my cd and told him that we would work together one day. Dj Frosty has had a personal relationship with Paul for some years now and has helped my career a lot. I had a song that he thought Paul would sound perfect on so he hit him up and asked what would it take for him to do a verse for an artist and friend he was really trying to help (me.) Paul asked who it was and when Frosty said "Wreckamic", he told him to email him the beat and he'd do it. The version of the song on the game is a newer version than was originally released November 2008 on Paul Wall's "Fast Money" underground album. I decided to revamp the beat, hook, and my verse to make it a completely new song produced by Big Tra "The Hitmaker" co-produced by T. Hall of The Necksnappers."

"I met Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal through a Dallas artist named Cutta C who is known for his successful song "Ack A Azz" which Lawal used as part of his entrance in the Sengoku fighting league in Japan. Lawal told me to send him some of my music. Once he heard it he asked permission to use my music on his youtube webisodes documenting his training regimen, etc. On one of his webisodes, Lawal and "Mayhem" Miller visted the EA Sports offices, tested the demo of "MMA", and recorded the audio dubs of their likeness in the game. The song playing during the rolling credits of the video was my song "It Goes Down" ft Paul Wall. My myspace URL was credited and a representative of EA Sports' licensing department contacted me."

Visit the official website! EA SPORTS MMA WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment